Broadwood Grand

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 20:22:14 -0400

> The wood-gods seem to have favoured piano makers though.

I never thought in terms of European Beech being that different than
N.A.'s.  I knew that Bosendorfer notched their bridge so that when the
wire impressed itself into the wood the terminations would be on the
same perpendicular plain as the axis of the wire.  Beech does make
good pin blocks if set up right, but two laminations are far more
likely to cause problems than say 6 or 8.

Maybe the differences are in the seasoning and curing of the wood
before it is cut and glued up.

Thank you for the information.  Evan an old hard blow like me can
trick a learn or two yet.

		Newton