Adhesives

Maxpiano@AOL.COM Maxpiano@AOL.COM
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 06:07:02 EDT

In a message dated 10/11/99 7:42:49 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
cedel@supernet.com writes:

<< Up to this time I had usually used CA and accelerator, which as Bill
mentioned
 results in a very weak bond.  Thoughts, anyone? >>

I've never used any whitening with Vagias keytops, but only use them on old
pianos such as you describe -- with little value.  I've tried both 1) thick
CA (without accelerator, just holding about 10 seconds) and also 2)many times
roughened the bottom of the keytop with a sandpaper file and used Titebond
glue.  The only time I have ever had them fall off is is with Titebond before
I learned to roughen them.

Bill Maxim