Sorry guys..

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 09:11:02 +0200

"John M. Formsma" wrote:

> Hi Richard:
>
> Sounds characteristic of a virus that I read about recently.  Don't remember
> the particulars of how it does its thing, but it will email the virus file
> to everyone in your address book before trashing your hard drive.  Hope you
> have backups.
>
> John Formsma

Hi John,

The strange thing is, I didnt even open it upon initial reciept. Simply deleted
it. Later on in the evening I got a complaint from a fellow on my mailing list
saying I had sent this thing to him. Only then did I go to the trash container
and open it to see what the heck it was. I now have deleted the whole trash
container. I have time this evening to run some checks for viruses, and
fortunatly I have everything of importance backed up, so at worst I will have to
blank out the hard disk and reload everything. Pain in the butt. In anycase I
hope others who have recieved this also have taken appropriate precautions.

Richard Brekne
I.C.P.T.G.  N.P.T.F.
Bergen, Norway