etd's

Kent Swafford kswafford@earthlink.net
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 12:07:45 -0500

J Patrick Draine wrote:

>I do admit to fantasizing about buying an iBook and trying out CyberTuner.
>
>Patrick

I know your remark was just a casual one, but...

There are many laptops well-suited to CyberTuner, but there is some
question as to whether the iBook is one of them.

The iBook appears to be a very fine computer in a number of important
ways, but it appears to be rather large; a smaller laptop might be more
suited to being carried from piano to piano.

Also, the iBook does not have a built-in microphone, nor does it have any
sort of sound input jack. Therefore, "out of the box", an iBook could not
be used with CyberTuner. (There apparently are USB microphones that could
be used with the iBook, but I have not heard of anyone going this route
yet.)

Kent Swafford