Getting paid

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 12:39:00 -0700

Clyde,

Sounds like you have a good method of keeping track of your accounts.
I'm getting better at keeping after late-payers and would probably be
more on top of it if there were huge bills to pay. Another point is that
I'd rather not trouble people about an unpaid bill, that a tuning fee
paid late with embarrassment is better than one paid promptly with a
tight jaw (although a friendly reminder sounds like a good compromise).
It certainly was a kick to get that 100 bucks voluntarily from someone
whom I had written off as a non-payer.

Since this is such a miniscule fraction of my clientele, one person
skipping out on the check in 10 or 15 years is a very small price to pay
for being in business.

Tom

PS: I'll repond privately to your last paragraph when I get the time.

--
Thomas A. Cole, RPT
Santa Cruz, CA