Wound Wire breakage in churchs

Matthew J. Todd pianotech88@juno.com
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 16:20:57 -0700

No mics!!!  I have tried that once before, and I had a lot of complaints
because of it.  It was not the sound tech's fault either.  I just
probably need a larger piano.  I do have a question, though.  What would
cause a hammer shaft to split and not just the string??  I did that once,
and I couldn't understand why the string did not go instead.  Anyway, I
think I should just practice on Steinways, so I only have to worry about
getting it tuned each day, rather than getting the strings replaced each
week.

>I think you play with a little too much confidence
That is an assumption on your part.

I will probably just rebuild this piano first.

Matthew