C. J. Heppe small grand

JWyatt1492@AOL.COM JWyatt1492@AOL.COM
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 10:16:06 EDT

Hello Henry !

   The "Heppe" Co. was incorporated in 1901.They were at
1117 Chestnut St. in Philadelphia.  Their pianos were built
under contract by the "Francis Bacon Co. of  New York
City.  Their players were built by the Aeolian Co.
   The  " Heppe " Pianos were indeed priced at the lower end
in the mid- twentys.  However the woods used at that time were
of very high quality.
   As a point of interest The Heppe Co. had some sort of a three
soundboard arrangment on some of their Pianos.  I have never
seen one so I cannot shed any light on this subject other than
they held a patent on it.

Hope this helps,
Jack Wyatt