Damper Flanges?

John Ross piano.tech@ns.sympatico.ca
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 22:30:26 -0300

Hi List,
For the full size upright, I can only find one size of flange.
The centre pin holes are too far from the rail, and the damper stands =
out.
What can be done to put the dampers on the same plane.
I can bend the head to fit, but then when the pedal is used, it comes =
off uneven.
I could use a thicker cloth on the damper lever.
I guess what I really want to know, is, is there a source for other size =
flanges, or are we stuck with one size?
I didn't have the chance to repair the old flange, these are a few that =
have been replaced previously.
Has anyone tried redrilling and rebushing a new position for the pin?
Regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada.