Damper Flanges?

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 00:34:28 -0600

>> For twisting flanges, you could try a strip of say 180 grit sandpaper,
glued
>> along the rail beside the screw holes. I've tried this successfully in the
>> past. Otherwise it seems to be as you suggest, adapt the damper flanges to
>> fit.
>>
>> Graeme Harvey

Hi Graeme,
                  I was a little unclear, I was not refering to travel, but
the
flat of the damper lever being being square and flat with the adjacent levers.
But you are right also check the vertical alignment. (parallel travel)

Because the routed out groove has been widened, the flange will easily twist,
leading to some real damping head aches on wedge dampers.

Regards Roger
Roger Jolly
BaldwinYamaha Piano Centre
Saskatoon and Regina