pianotech-digest V1997 #2076 Re: Weber Gooey Mess

harvey harvey@greenwood.net
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 23:14:13 -0400

Um, I had this experience only once, John. It was a big ol' upright like
you said. Unfortunately, I forgot the work-around, but it was either a
junkbox part from another upright, or a kludge of some sort.

Regardless, I'd be more inclined to try one of the other suggestions
already mentioned, i.e.,  roll your own flanges from scratch, move/modify
the slot for the action rail, remove material from the back and so on.

Otherwise, if you need more distance from damper to rail (and I'm having a
tough time with perspective at the moment), could you not work from the
'back' end of an upright damper flange instead of the pinned side? Seems
like it would be easier to plug & fill everything behind the pinned area;
then drill a new screw hole and "move" the slot, rather than working with
new cp holes, rebushing, etc. Could you not use the business end of a
commonly available upright flange, then cut/glue an extension portion from
yet another flange?

Sorry if I'm not "seeing" this right.

Jim Harvey, RPT

[cut]