I finally did it ...

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 00:27:40 EDT

In a message dated 10/22/99 8:13:42 PM Central Daylight Time,
skline@proaxis.com writes:

<< P.S. I now understand how the rubber buttons feel (if
 they could feel) being trapped in those holes. My fingers
 were _definitely_ more stuck together than they get
 when I'm gluing keytops with plain CA.  >>
Susan

Many years ago, one of my first experiences with CA glue, left me holding on
to a key for a long time.  I put the ivory on with CA glue, and used my thumb
and forefinger as clamps, while I answered the phone.  When I tried to put
the key down after five minutes, it wouldn't let go.  This was before we were
warned to always keep a solvent around somewhere.  Needles to say, I had to
use a razor blade to cut the skin off my finger to remove the key.
It still hurts, just to think about it.

Wim