Source spruce shim material

Lance Lafargue lafargue@iamerica.net
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 17:36:51 -0500

Dave,

I don't recall if it was Posey.  What do you pay for old complaint mail
now-a-days?  Thanks.

lance

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Dave Stocker
Sent: Monday, October 25, 1999 3:32 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Source spruce shim material

Lance:

If you are referring to Posey, they went belly up (pun intended) a couple of
years ago. There was some noise about someone buying the equipment and
starting a new plant nearby (in a building from a never finished Nuclear
power plant!) but I haven't heard any more about it.

At one of the auctions of their stuff I purchased a pile of letters to and
from Posey from the early 1900's. Beautiful letterheads! Most were
complaints about soundboards falling apart before they ever got installed in
a piano.

Dave Stocker
Tumwater, WA