A= 440 Fork modification?

Phil Bondi tito@PhilBondi.com
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 08:33:18 -0400

Good Morning.

I received an A=3D440 fork from a supply house we all know and love..and =
it's a fine instrument.

It registers on the SATll at 440 and 1 cent.

I do not intend to pull hairs here..rather..I would like to know =
if..during the Tuning Exam, there is a deduction for this? If I set A4 =
to this fork and nail it, the SAT will read that A4 is 1c above 440.

I thought I understood that there is a compensation factor built into =
the test to accomodate such a phenomenon..is that correct?

I would rather just nail A=3D440 and be done with the compensation =
factor, if that's the case.

Anyone care to make any wagers how long it takes me to hear a 1cent =
difference at A4 AND set A4 to that 1 cent difference..?!?!?

Rook