Yellow Glue- removing stains

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 07:29:30 -0500

>Does anyone have a sucessful method for removing yellow glue stains?
>I got a little on a shirt that I wish I hadn't.  Thanks.
>
>Rob Goodale, RPT
>Las Vegas, NV

Hi Rob,
Nobody asked, and you didn't say, but what type of yellow glue are you
talking about here? If it's original formula Titebond, it may soak/wash
out. If it's Titebond II, or some equivalent water resistant stuff, the
stain will outlive you. I bought an old Jorgensen strap clamp a couple of
weeks back, and tried to soak the glue out of the strap. It was easy to see
where the previous owner switched from the type I glue to the type II. The
type I came out, the type II is still there... just cleaner. The type II
stuff, even if it's rinsed out immediately, before it sets up, has a
colorant (I never understood why) that stains badly.

Ron N