Two action questions

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Wed, 01 Sep 1999 08:59:31 +0200

Nancy McMillan wrote:

> On the "P" piano do the notes not play under both a soft and hard blow, or
> will it give you one but not the other?
> Good luck,
> Doug Mahard

Hmm... actually yes, but just barely on the worst ones. a bit sporadic. Got to
thinking... "P" pianos use a rather soft action felt. I wonder what the
possibility is that turning the adjustment button for the jack position at
rest somehow causes some change in the felt on the button which "settles"
after a few days. Still you would think this would go the other way, as in the
jack would eventually settle farther back. And on the other hand,, pulling the
action and re-inspecting the jack position shows that those that work well are
behind the core of the knuckle.

off to other replies.. but... what is your thinking in regards to your
question ?

Richard Brekne
I.C.P.T.G.  N.P.T.F.
Bergen, Norway