Two action questions

Nancy McMillan nlm@csu.cted.net
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 07:44:17 -0700

Hi Richard,
The thinking regarding my question was the whippen can be viewed by the
function of its seperate parts to aid in diagnosis'.  This info was
demonstrated to me by Chris Robinson of AcoustiCraft. 1: if one removes the
jack interally from the whippen the action will still play with a soft
touch.  2: if one removes the balancier keeping the jack in place the action
will only play under a hard blow.  Needless to say, you don't have to remove
parts to do the diagnosis', but understanding this can narrow your search to
certain areas.
Chris has an action model that is about three feet long with all parts
easily removable.   Great learning tool.
Sincerely,
Doug Mahard