Ramblers, trivia (was Re: Brambach)

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Thu, 2 Sep 1999 06:12:41 -0500

>...Talk about "Antiques Roadshow"...  I'm sure that there are some '62
>Ramblers on the road, somewhere, but that doesn't make them extremely
>valuable...
>Conrad Hoffsommer...

Hey, let's be careful what you say about those Ramblers, Conrad.  Used to
run around in a '57...great car...Mom still has a Rambler American that
runs like all get out.  People have tried to buy this car from her
repeatedly, but she won't budge.  Used to have a '48 Frazier too, what a
car.  And what does this have to do with pianos?

Uh, how about Mom still has the first Baldwin grand her and her hubby
bought in '35.  She won't let me do anything to it except tune.  Likes the
touch and voice just the way it is.  He was a university level professor
pianist, and she is a retired university piano instructor/accompanist and
still teaches privately in the home.

It's way too early in the morning for me. (eyes barely open)

Keith McGavern
kam544@flash.net
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731