Brambach

Clark caccola@net1plus.com
Thu, 02 Sep 1999 10:01:41 -0100

The only parts I've seen broken in a Brambach action were the dowel portion of
the hammer shanks, broken in the attempt of straightening out a replacement
set of poorly hung hammers. I'd rather service these actions than the double
flange uprights of higher repute.

But the hallmarks of Brambachs are thick finishes which tend to crack and turn
opaque, usually bad pinblocks, and a lack of backposts (though plates often
have more bracing than usual). Some have pressure bars in all three sections,
but there are some with agraffes and four sections. Most appealing, though,
are the decals in 3d type on the plates.

I like Brambachs but I wouldn't pay too much for one.

Did Samick get the Brambach trademark when they got Kohler & Campbell? My
search of U.S. trademarks showed nothing.

Clark