Marathon tuning

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Thu, 2 Sep 1999 21:14:34 -0500

Dear Brian Schwarzeneggar,

Send me whatever steroids you are taking, and I'll wrestle some Baldwins,
too. :-)

May you rest well over this 4-day weekend. :-)  You deserve it.
Congratulations.

John Formsma

P.S.  Did you tune these aurally or electronically?

  -----Original Message-----
  From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf Of
Brian Trout
  Sent: Thursday, September 02, 1999 7:57 AM
  To: pianotech@ptg.org
  Subject: Marathon tuning

  Hi List,

  I just hit a personal record.  Maybe it's no big deal to most of you, but
it was to me.

  Yesterday, I tuned 10 NEW Baldwin vertical pianos.  Not 'brush' tunings,
not 'quickie' tunings... full tunings.  And all but two were fresh from the
factory, and wild as can be.... which meant for the most part, sharp in the
middle, and flat on the ends, with very tight tuning pins.  I've got the
blister on my hand this morning to prove it.

  I've done 7, even 8 full tunings in a day, but never 10.  And hopefully I
won't have to repeat it anytime soon.  :-)
  Have a good day, all.

  Brian Trout
  Quarryville, PA
  btrout@desupernet.net