Hamburg Steinway

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Thu, 2 Sep 1999 22:02:37 EDT

In a message dated 9/02/1999 9:29:13 PM, VOCE88@AOL.COM writes:

<< The new Masons however, are wonderful !! >>

Dave;
 I agree with Richard here but I don't think you could go wrong with any of
the two pianos you mention, i.e. Hamburg 'B' and M&H 'BB'.  The main thingee
here is don't buy nuttin you don't play first and don't accept delivery of
anything but the instrument you played on.

 The NY and Hamburg thingees are distinctly different animals and each have
their strengths and weaknesses. The NY 'tends' to have a brighter sound, and
the Hamburg 'tends' to have a more mellow sound...the three new M&H 'BB's I
have had an opportunity to play around with each displayed different tonal
characteristics that 'tended' more toward the Hamburg than the
NY,.................but again individual pianos display individual
characteristics and the committee should not choose without playing.

  As someone else has said the type of recording you plan on doing should
somewhat affect your choice of instrument.
Jim Bryant (FL)