fingernail polish

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Fri, 03 Sep 1999 08:02:56 -0600

Hi Clyde,
              We encounter this problem frequently on our show room
instruments. It will rub out with Melger's auto polish (Green), it is use
to cut and polish the oxidized surface of the finish,we also use it for
removing minor marks and swirls in Polyester.
No big deal unless the surface of the material is physically scratched.
Roger

At 08:01 AM 03/09/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Friends,
>
>One of the school pianos I tuned yesterday has what appears to be
>fingernail polish on the keytops.  Five-year-old Schimmel, plastic
>keytops.  I found info on removing tape residues or magic marker.  Can
>someone direct me to what one uses in this case?  Thanks!
>
>Clyde Hollinger, RPT
>
>P.S.  I had a client who used fingernail polish remover -- it took the
>gloss off the keytops.

Roger Jolly
Baldwin Yamaha Piano Centre
Saskatoon and Regina