Samick - Some ache!

Paul S. Larudee larudee@pacbell.net
Fri, 03 Sep 1999 16:11:59 -0700

Newton Hunt wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> I think I would use felt or wool cloth.  This material is more
> compressible and rebounds better than leather.  Felt tends to be
> quieter than leather when parts move against it.
>
> As for the four holes, stick something in them, like long screws.  I
> would look at putting screws between the pedal to relieve the stress
> there.

I'm not sure what you mean by this.  The four holes would hold the two
sides of the metal housing together if bolts were run through them and
tightened with nuts.  More likely they take screws which then go into
the box lid to serve the double function of holding the sides together
and anchoring the whole assembly as well.  Cheaper and faster to
manufacture that way, too.

> How was this held together in the first place?
>
>                 Newton

It wasn't, and that's the whole point.  The box is only slightly bigger
than the pedal assembly (housing plus pedals, minus screws), so it sort
of holds together even without fasteners.  Even cheaper to manufacture
that way.

Paul