Liability advice- Missing the Point

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Tue, 07 Sep 1999 23:44:40 +0200

David ilvedson wrote:

> Richard,
>
> I like the "death certificate" idea and the fact that you don't
> charge them for the bad news...
>
> David Ilvedson, RPT

It works well for me at any rate. It has a certain amount of PR value, keeps me out
of trouble (at least the worst kind) and people seem to like the honesty. Once in a
while a customer will get insulted, or call another guy who says he can work wonders
for only 49.95 and I hear about that. <grin>. But I am not really interested in those
kind of customers anyways.

People have a right to expect a certain degree of professionalism from technicians,
and in turn I think technicians have a right to expect a certain degree of
seriousness from their customers. Customers who are interested in getting a super
piano for 49.95 can look elsewhere. Just not my bag.

Richard Brekne
I.C.P.T.G.  N.P.T.F.
Bergen, Norway