Agraffe Repair Technique

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 20:03:36 EDT

In a message dated 9/07/1999 6:42:49 PM, tcole@cruzio.com writes:

<< I could see overtorquing at the factory as a cause. But why Steinway,
during a time considered to be the zenith of their history, and not a
lesser brand? >>

Tom;
 I don't know...... this is part of my puzzlement.................. but it
did not needfully have to be a bellyman of course, it could have been  a
tuner at some other time in the life of the instrument.
 Out of all the broken/failed agraffes I have replaced I can only remember
one that was broken at the string holes.  All the rest were broken at the top
of the threads and displayed signs of a circular failure (my observation and
deduction, no proof). This includes pianos other than S&S. But to answer your
question as to why at that point in time for S&S.........???????????
 Y'all must go higher than me my son :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)