Liability advice- Missing the Point

Paul S. Larudee larudee@pacbell.net
Tue, 07 Sep 1999 23:31:33 -0700

Wimblees@AOL.COM wrote:

> In a message dated 9/7/99 6:31:41 AM !!!First Boot!!!, larudee@pacbell.net
> writes:
>
> << This talk of lawyers, subpoenas and suits is absurd.  The most that
>  could possibly be at stake is the value of the piano, which is not more
>  than a couple hundred.  How many lawyers work for minimum wage?
>
>  Paul S. Larudee, RPT
>  Richmond, CA >>
>
> Don't underestimate the power of legal suits. Besides the actual expenses
> involved, tuning, and the cost of buying the piano in the first place,
> customers can, and have, sued for "mental anguish," "undue emotional harm'",
> and they can even throw in the their legal expenses.
>
> Willem

I stand corrected.  It is always better to treat lawyers as omnipotent
and to practice one's cowering techniques.  Much better to assume that
they can do anything they want and that we should therefore make no
attempt to question them, defend ourselves or to use any common sense.

Paul S. Larudee, RPT
Richmond, CA