piano tilter

Clyde Hollinger cedel@redrose.net
Thu, 09 Sep 1999 07:18:03 -0400

Friends,

I bought Schaff's shop repair truck model 1901 (tilter) about five
months ago.  Is this the same equipment being currently discussed in the
APSCO thread?

I've used it on three pianos so far, none larger than a studio.  I like
it.  I have not noticed that any of the pianos attempted to "scoot," and
I've used no clamps or straps.  Is this a better designed tilter, or is
there a problem quietly watching and waiting until I am the least
suspecting?  Or will the problem rear its head when I use it on a heavy
old upright?

Clyde Hollinger