piano tilter

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 10:00:09 -0500 (CDT)

>I've used it on three pianos so far, none larger than a studio.  I like
>it.  I have not noticed that any of the pianos attempted to "scoot," and
>I've used no clamps or straps.

* Mine came without clamps too, and I've never used straps, though it's an
excellent idea. When the casters are just about to leave the floor (up) or
just about to touch the floor (down) I hold the piano as near vertical as I
can with my left hand and work the tilter with my right. The back of the
piano never contacts the tilter when there is a caster on the floor. I
haven't dumped one yet, but I've heard the noise and seen the damage when
someone else did. Yikes!

 Is this a better designed tilter, or is
>there a problem quietly watching and waiting until I am the least
>suspecting?  Or will the problem rear its head when I use it on a heavy
>old upright?
>
>Clyde Hollinger

* I think it has more to do with the value, and irreplaceability of the
piano and the flooring.

 Ron N