piano tilter

Avery Todd avery@ev1.net
Thu, 09 Sep 1999 20:01:29 -0500

Clyde,

    I have the Schaff tilter also, which I have used for years with no
problem.
The trick is to put the 'tongues' under the piano, start to pull the tilter
backward,
while pulling backward slightly on the top of the piano, then tilt it on
over, keeping
tension on the top of the piano.
    Setting it back up is just the opposite. Once you get close to
'upright', keep
pulling back some on the top of the piano while letting it go on 'upright'.
Keep
tension on the piano top, whether tilting it backwards or forward, and you
won't
have any problem.
    I don't know anything about the Apsco tilter, but have never felt the
need for
any kind of strap with the Schaff tilter. Provided you do it the way I
"tried" to
describe above. Clear as mud? :-)

Avery