piano tilter

Dave Stocker firtree@home.com
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 19:54:22 -0700

>I've used it on three pianos so far, none larger than a studio.  I like
>it.  I have not noticed that any of the pianos attempted to "scoot," and
>I've used no clamps or straps.  Is this a better designed tilter, or is
>there a problem quietly watching and waiting until I am the least
>suspecting?  Or will the problem rear its head when I use it on a heavy
>old upright?

My truck has short stubby little toes, there aren't any clamps or straps. I
have tilted the biggest uprights I've ever run into without ever having a
problem (unless the customer tries to help). I prefer to place the truck
under the piano, then hold the top of the piano and pull it back to rest on
the truck. Most of the time I NEVER touch the tilt truck. To place the piano
upright, I lift from the back of the pinblock until the castors touch, then
grab the handle and lift with my shoulder on the pinblock. This controls the
piano, should it start to slip.

Dave Stocker
firtree@home.com
Tumwater, WA