August journal that side of the border

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 09:23:27 -0700

At 09:43 AM 09/10/1999 -0600, Roger Jolly wrote:
>Hi Susan,
>                Must be a big improvement from a wippen or such. How come
>you get the VIP service I'm still waiting for August Issue. Nice to see you
>active again, I miss your tag lines and pearls of wisdom.
>Regards Roger

Hi, Roger. Actually, for August you get: "Cover Art: This month's
cover features the art of LA Chapter member Marlene Marston.
This mixed-media sculpture features piano parts and a gourd on
a stained wood base."

>>Pleasant surprise, seeing what was on the cover. (my photo, smirk)

I seem to have led a few people astray. <grin> My photo, which I took,
not of myself. I'm more brunette. I didn't know it was going to be
on the cover, but it looks great! Cropped just right, too.

August and September are both good, meaty issues, which doesn't seem
all that unusual these days. John Hartman is illustrating now, and I
like his style. Look at the treble bridge and plate on page 10 (August).
Not all that trivial a task, speaking as one who has tried to draw a
separating Hamilton bass bridge. (Uffda!)

Regards,

Susan