Cut-downs (was August journal, etc.)

harvey harvey@greenwood.net
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 12:18:03 -0400

I won't quote your entire reply, but let's say, per your outline, your way
is ...

>Even assuming a higher spinet cost, compared to labor rates during the
>Depression, picture the process! It makes me tired even to think of it.
>1. Dismantle case and remove all the wire, retaining the bass strings.
> ~ ~ [more]
>7. Figure where the new hitch pins should go. (Okay, you're tired
>by now ... just put in the right number of them, SOMEWHERE.)
> ~ ~ [more]
>14. PASS THE COFFEE! There's GOTTA be a better way to make a living!

Now my way...
0. I'm tired from thinking about this. I need a nap.
1. Dismantle case
1a. Where'd I put my coffee?
1b. Remove all the wire, retaining the bass strings.
1c. Make more coffee, consume. Carefully wipe off spilled coffee from bass
strings.
~ ~ [more]
7. Figure where the new hitch pins should go.
7a. Run out of coffee, must go buy more.
7b. Succumb to overwhelming need to visit WalMart.
~ ~ [more]
~~ more (a). Diligently adhere to proper work, nap, and coffee schedule.
14. Wonder if the bar is still open. Think about how tire installers don't
work as hard as I, but perspire more and have fewer coffee breaks.

Jim Harvey, RPT
Greenwood, SC
harvey@greenwood.net
  Greenwood: the land that time forgot.