Go bars

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 18:55:27 -0400

>If the ceiling or whatever is above the part to be clamped is not the right
>height, you can clamp a 2x4(s) above/across the piano or workbench with pipe
>clamps to make a surface that can be clamped against. So, insert the idea
>and it will come to mind later when nothing else will work.
>
>Lance Lafargue, RPT

Actually, an I-beam is best due to the stress involved.
I tried multiple pin block layers and they still bowed
under the tension.  The I-beam is a proven stress taker.

An I-beam and clamped to the rim with a pipe clamps
makes a nice press. Multiple spring-loaded devices
gives adequate pressure.

Support the bottom as well . . .

Not to press an issue,