Public School Systems

David ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 18:48:33 -0700

Avery,

I just took over a school district here in California.  He was
getting $50.00 a piano.  I eventually agreed to $75.00/piano
and extra for repairs although.  I tune and vacuum them out
and regulate the pedals but I'm done in about an hour.  My
normal rate here is 95.00 to 115.00 with a pitch raise so this a
substantial discount but I have a pretty good volume of pianos,
not 250 like your school district which is a lot of steady work.
In the elementary schools the pianos are generally the school
models/blonde oak Wurlitzers and Baldwins in great shape.
What a durable piano especially the Wurlitzers.

Consider just tuning/servicing them once a year and it might
be more affordable for the school district.  If you did 10 a day it
would still take you a month to do the work before school
starts.  Say goodbye to August vacations.

David Ilvedson, RPT

David Ilvedson, RPT