Thank you Susan

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 23:32:33 -0500 (CDT)

>Some day I will have to show you the photos documenting the trip Del and
>I  went in search of the rare Poppycock Spruce. Apparently the poppycock
>spruce's acoustical properties are so good it makes the kind of
>re-engineering Del has been doing obsolete. Naturally, Del wanted to
>destroy it and I pretended to go along with his plan but my secret
>motive was to return to civilization with a few seeds. We did find a
>small sample high in the mountains near the Banff center. Unfortunately
>we had to cut our expedition short due to a small mishap. Wile posing
>majestically for the camera at a one of the many vistas of the mountains
>a ordinary larch suddenly decided to invade my personal space (it fell
>on me). I am still unsure as to why this happened, the larch looked
>perfectly stable to me. In all fairness Dell and I had been drinking
>steadily from his wonderful hip flask all afternoon and the air is a bit
>thin at those elevations. We returned to base camp (the Banff hotel)
>(treble camp was full) immediately where I received prompt medical
>attention.
>
>John

John,
I can certainly understand how such a thing can happen, as I was once hit by
an unoccupied parked car while attempting to return to the barracks from the
Upper Heyford Rod and Gun Club during my intermittantly memorable survice in
the Air Force in England. While It's difficult not to take such unprovoked
attacks personally, it might be more to the point for us to ask how it was
that Del left you in the Larch like that. In all fairness, he might have
been on a mission of mercy to acquire a refill for the hip flask (one must
have priorities, after all), but one could also realistically expect
distantly heard words of encouragement at the very least. Under the
circumstances, I feel I should commend you on your success in tracking Del
back to camp, given your debilitated condition, and the erratic trail you
had to follow, and your subsequent rescue.

 Ron N