Public School Systems

Clyde Hollinger cedel@redrose.net
Sat, 11 Sep 1999 10:51:26 -0400

A history should certainly help.  Were they satisfied with the piano
service they received for the money they spent?

I service one public school district.  I started four years ago because
I had never worked for an entire district before and wanted to know what
it would be like.  It is generally working well, but compared to figures
being thrown around here it is a very small district.

By the appearance of the pianos when I first saw them, very little more
than an annual tuning was done to any of them.  I started with a low
price to get the job but eventually increased to where there are no
discounts except the quantity discounts I would give to anyone else.  I
informed the music supervisor by letter of what I was doing, half
expecting to lose the account, but I didn't.  I have been gradually
improving the pianos so I don't throw their budget into conniptions.

I think I still have the job because those in power wanted better
service and knew they would have to pay for it.  Hopefully the same is
the case in Avery's situation.  I would guess, though, that the schools
that tune all pianos at least twice each year are few and far between.
Right or wrong?

Clyde Hollinger