U1 Buzz

Dave Stocker firtree@home.com
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 22:48:57 -0700

>I'm having trouble finding the buzz on a new Yamaha U1.  It was delivered a
>week ago and the owner complains about a buzz when the a5 key is played.

I made a couple of 20 mile trips to find a buzz on a U1, to no avail. A
quick call to Yamaha yielded the answer - the spring holding the bottom
board was just a smidgeon to far towards the front of the piano. When you
leaned on the keybed just right, it would start / stop. A piece of leather
now maintains the peace.

Dave Stocker
Tumwater, WA