U1 Buzz

Stephen Powell pianotec@ihug.co.nz
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 08:56:24 +1200

Earlier this year came across a U1 with a bad buzz on just a couple of
notes.  Previous tech said the piano needed a new soundboard!  After
tightening everything that I thought might be relevant, and scratching my
head for a few minutes, took my dental inspection mirror and light and found
an action screw with washer wedged between plate and soundboard.  With
customers watching, took my long tweezers and removed it like a surgeon
removing a bullet!  Happiness all round!

Stephen Powell RPT
"Excellence in Action"
Auckland, NZ