Pricing, and organic shelves

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 20:47:20 -0500 (CDT)

Hi gang,

A couple of questions, if you will.

I need rough market values of (1) Mason & Hamlin AA (6') #60714 mahogany,
looks good, needs rebuilt, and (2) Mason & Hamlin (9') CC #1712 (odd number,
early 1960's) ebony, looks good, needs work. Thanks.

Ok, here's another one. I just built some book shelves out of lumber cut
from old salvaged organ pipes. After I planed and ripped them, I had 7-8
foot lengths of 8" wide, absolutely straight and clear planks of what looked
for all the world like soft maple. It fuzzes more like poplar when ripped,
though. I don't know much about pipe organs other than misguided folks
wanting me to tune pianos to them too often. What would have been the organ
builder's likely choice of wood for 32' flute pipes?

 Ron N