To all East Coast Techs

Roger C Hayden rchayden1@juno.com
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 17:21:00 -0400

I just spent 2 1/2 hours digging a 60 ft. shallow drainage ditch to
alleviate the 'too much water at once problem' behind my basement shop.
It can build up, and flow into the electric service entrance and into the
circuit breaker box.  (Not good.)  At worst case, build up in the window
wells and make two little Niagara's into the rebuild room and the action
shop.  (No fun)  We've had maybe 3 to 5 inches of rain.  The wet weather
drainage ditch at the back of the property is thundering!!  But, the
little ditch above the house is keeping my house and pianos dry.  I have
an 1872 8'4" Chickering straight strung in the rebuild room, (nearly
done), a Steinway M, and four studio uprights, a console and a restored M
& Ham. Pump organ in the showroom, and a refinished - in process- Shaw
baby in the second rebuild room.  I want it dry in here.  Upstairs, (and
in no danger) is a Steinway O and a Zuckerman Harpsichord.  , I gave up
three tunings to come home and play in the water.  Fortunately the wind
is minimal, lots of trees here.

I slipped back out at four hoping to knock off two church pianos, but the
door was locked.  I decided after driving through 12" of brown churning
street water for a couple of blocks that I was better off home in the
garage.  HO BOY, LOOK AT THAT!! The wind is picking up outside my
showroom window!!  Stay up, trees.  I need some tall strong tree huggers
to keep up our trees.  (Know a website??)  Maybe this is not the best
time to be computing??

Thanks for you thoughts.
Wet and Wild and Windy in Northeast Pennsylvania
Roger Hayden, RPT