RCT

Paul S. Larudee larudee@pacbell.net
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 10:02:33 -0700

Leslie W Bartlett wrote:

> I'm absolutely new to electronic tuning-  have tuned ONE piano with a SAT
> III, and hated it!  Of course, I hated tuning by ear for the first
> thousand hours of practice or so..........     It occurs to me that
> carrying around a laptop, with all its electronic sophistication, plus
> its tendency to be fragile would be considerably more of a hassle than
> the very portable SAT.  I haven't seen many comment about this, and,
> since I am being swayed by electronics, having been shown how little I
> know about tuning by those nasty little lights, would appreciate thoughts
> in this regard.
>
> Thanks
> les bartlett
> houston

Les,

Yeah, I wasn't crazy about electronic tuning when I started with my RCT
some months ago, but as you might suspect, it is growing on me.  I also
think I'm going to like it even better as I learn new techniques of
refinement.  SAT and RCT both have their advantages.  I like the wealth
of features and flexibility of RCT, but the size, weight and battery
life of the SAT III are certainly strong points.  Nevertheless, I use a
Sony VAIO, which weighs 3 pounds, is less than an inch thick, and slips
into the side of my soft-sided Genck case (the old one, not the one
which has a special computer compartment).  I don't even have to open
the case to take out the computer.

Paul S. Larudee, RPT
Richmond, CA