Balance rail pins, key buttons

Clark caccola@net1plus.com
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 19:03:35 -0100

Richard,

Probably 30-40 minutes to do a whole piano keyplank, uncut with the key
button moulding in place - I'll let you know if I actually do it. But
then that's assuming just using one size tool - no problem if the center
rail pins had those oblong 0.088 tips and if there were front rail pins
of corresponding width. Probably it would end up taking not quite double
this time to completely mortise a keyplank (but then that time, aside
from just unbushed center pin mortises was for one 5-octave basswood
manual...).

Now we've got to get those harpsichord types away from just using those
darn Korg electronic tuners. ;)

Clark "drittsekk" Panaccione