2000 Pianotech Get Together

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 13:29:51 -0500 (CDT)

>. But I would like to see a little less sittin down and
>a little more millin around for this type of venture, if for no other
>reason than to make casual introductions easier. How bout just a big empty
>(no chairs) room and an open bar :-)
>Ken Jankura

This is more like it. You can't talk to those you haven't met when you're
sitting next to folks you likely already know. How about a sign at each of
the evening receptions denoting a general area (a corral shouldn't be
necessary, but might be an option) where Listoids can lurk in ambush, and
other Listoids can find them. Everyone would know where and when the event
is every night of the convention, and an occasional pass through the Listoid
corral during the evening should let everyone not only kibitz with their
remaining friends, but increase their chances of meeting the list folk too.
If you miss a few on Thursday, there's always tomorrow night. A Day-Glow
safety orange dot on the name tags for easy long distance identification
would help some too so we could accost during the day, those who don't
attend the receptions. This is a cheap (although the cost isn't the concern
here, rather the access to the people), logistically, and administratively
benevolent approach. I like it.

 Ron N