RCT

Paul S. Larudee larudee@pacbell.net
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 23:05:01 -0700

Roger Jolly wrote:

>   I am always in awe with the top aural tuners, in the way they compensate
> for poor scaling, bad regulation and voicing. With the grands that I
> regularly service, I take a more holistic approach, minor reg and voicing
> with every tuning, and charge accordingly.
>
> Roger

Roger,

All I am saying is that in some respects my aural tunings were better
than my RCT tunings and in some respects the RCT tunings are better.
The aural tunings seem to be more sensitive to the idiosyncracies of the
instrument while RCT seems to achieve greater consistency thoughout.  My
question is, how can I make decisions about how to select and modify
RCT's customization features to replicate some of the strengths of my
aural tunings for a particular piano?

Paul