How Soon to Tune?

Michael Jorgensen Michael.Jorgensen@cmich.edu
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 11:51:49 -0400

Hello,
     At the universities, I'm apt to check on my tunings in subsequent
days and weeks, especially with new instruments which are usually on
loan.   Some are delivered directly  from the crates, others from summer
camps, and some from stores.   Though I have not done a scientific study,
my general perception supports the conclusion that tunings last much
better if I wait a few weeks after delivery to tune them.
-Mike Jorgensen RPT