Beat phenomenon question

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 21:40:51 +0200

Clark wrote:

> Ric,
>
> The harmonic contents of the two signals are quite different: one
> "rich" one "plain"; I think you'd get an even more spectacular result
> with two like signals. Both of the signal generators you were using
> probably don't change their phasing - just turn on and off (my results
> were different because I used a synthesizer that starts a "sine" wave
> from 0 each time).
>
> Drone-o-rama!
>
> Clark

A neat program available for download at my home page is Wavegen21.zip.
This is a little shareware wave generator from an australian website.
You can mix many different kinds of waves and waveforms, at different
frequencies or same frequencies, different volume levels etc. Great for
checking out different phenomenon.

Richard Brekne
I.C.P.T.G.  N.P.T.F.
Bergen, Norway