evaluating sdbd. crown & bridge downbearings in a new piano

Brian Henselman musicmasters@worldnet.att.net
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 16:00:50 -0500

>Interesting thought,  Richard .      I've been lurking in the wings
>waiting for Susan Kline to suggest soaking the new soundboard in vodka
>first !     I don't have any raw soundboards lying around to try it out
>on - great pity .  (No, I am not kidding !  I think it's be COOL to try
>the vodka thing !  But then I am a little reckless about stuff like that
>- I once put an old hammer rest rail felt through the clothes washer to
>see if the little" lumpies"  would come out.  You know, the ones that
>form after eons of upright shanks resting on the rail .  It didn't get
>the lumpies out, they were just cleaner. )
>
>Kris Anderson, RPT

Huh?  Why waste perfectly good Vodka?  Besides, doesn't it make a good
substitute for ethanol for wool-shrinking solution?  It's not Everclear...
but at the end of a really tough day... who cares?  Heh Heh Heh.

-Brian Henselman