Wurlitzer Baby Baby Grand

Thu, 23 Sep 1999 08:57:43 -0500

Mike,

At 08:35 9/23/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello List,
>     I am called to tune a "Wurlitzer Baby Baby Grand".  The customer
>says it has much fewer than 88 notes.  Does anybody have any experience,
>warnings, special knowledge, advice, history, or other comments before I
>get in trouble with this thing?
>-Mike Jorgensen

Sounds like a "Butterfly" grand.  Seen and heard them, but haven't had the
"pleasure" to work on them.  '30s?? vintage.  Much wider than deep.  Two
part lid hinges in middle and when both are open, it looks like a
butterfly.  Better sound out of pianos with painted-on sharps.  Good luck!!!!!

Conrad

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician 	mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
Luther College				(319)-387-1204
Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around
 to see it, do the other trees make fun of it?