evaluating sdbd. crown & bridge downbearings in a new piano

Thu, 23 Sep 1999 07:15:33 -0700

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Richard Brekne=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, September 23, 1999 7:03 AM
  Subject: Re: evaluating sdbd. crown & bridge downbearings in a new =
piano

   =20
  ....  I will sit down tonite and try and defend that statement in a =
seperate posting, but for now I would ask you (Ron and Del, and others ) =
to consider his statement in his last post...=20
   =20

    > Once the board takes on moisture the entire board is now under=20
    >compression.=20
    Yes and no.  If you talk in absolute terms, yes.  In relative terms, =
no.=20
    =20

  Now if you try and see where he is comeing from here... accept his =
"relativity" perspective, it is easy to follow his reasoning, and =
actually can easily be interpreted as a very different way of saying the =
exact same thing. But as I said. I will attempt to explain what I mean =
by that in a seperate post.=20

  =

  Unfortunately the wood cells do not have the luxury of abstract =
thought....

  Del