Blank messages

harvey harvey@greenwood.net
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 13:01:31 -0400

Notwithstanding an occasional blank post, I have been both the sender and
recipient of such messages (header info only). In -every- case, including
those I sent, it was due to implementing special fonts, colors, or other
fancy features from mail readers.

For corresponding to friends on a regular basis, anything goes. However, as
a general rule for community use (mail lists, usenet groups), its better to
forget the HTML-type messages, and stick to vanilla ASCII -- it's "global"
in both use and acceptance, especially to folks with older software.

Jim Harvey, RPT