RES: Shoulders

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 21:45:56 -0600

Hi Rogerio,
                 You have a good grasp of what I was trying to impart, the
only time that I steam only one side of the hammer, is when I feel only one
side of the hammer has been needled previously.

I usually test a few hammers with needles just to get the feel of the felt.
the amount of voicing that I do I can feel how the shoulders kind of spring
between my fingers.

This is not all that uncommon to find this problem, as it is very
convenient for some techs to just needle the rear side of the hammer. ( a
practice that i disagree with).

Hope this clears things up for you.
Roger

At 09:59 PM 25/09/99 -0300, you wrote:
>Hi Roger
>I receive the Journal and I have the May issue of the journal.
>I want only understand the problem and as you said on the email the
>difference is behind and in front the strike point. On the photo #2 you are
>just on the 2 o'clock . That's right?
>I want to use heat in pianos with metallic sounding but I think that if you
>understand the problem is possible do the job without error.
>I thanks your attention and if you want you may send particular email to
>rogeriocunha@openlink.com.br
>Rogerio Cunha - Rio de Janeiro
>IC MEMBER OF THE GUILD

Roger Jolly